The Star Entertainment Group (formerly known as Echo Entertainment Group) offers a variety of leisure and entertainment experiences including gambling, for the enjoyment of our guests. Providing a safe and responsible entertainment environment is fundamental platform for our business. The company's focus on responsible gambling includes participation in and funding of comprehensive programs, working with community groups as an industry leader and being actively involved in research projects.
Responsible Gambling is the provision of safe, socially responsible and supportive gambling environments where the potential for harm associated with gambling is minimised and people can make informed decisions about their participation in gambling. It occurs as a result of the collective actions and shared ownership of individuals, communities, the gambling industry and government.
The Star Entertainment Group is committed to the provision of responsible gambling by providing information so our guests are able to make informed decisions about their participation in gambling. The Star Entertainment Group casinos meet the requirements of and the spirit of our responsible gambling codes of practice in both jurisdictions in which we operate through our gambling codes.
- Responsible Gambling Policy
- Queensland Responsible Gambling Code
- Queensland Responsible Gambling Resource Manual – Casinos
- The Star Responsible Gambling Code English, Arabic, Chinese, Korean, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese
Making an Informed Decision
Problem gambling is characterised by difficulties in limiting money and/or time spent on gambling which leads to adverse consequences for the gambler, others or for the community.
Possible problem gambling risk indicators may include a cluster of three or more of the following observed or reported signs:
- Gambling every day of the week
- Gambling continuously without taking a break for extended periods of time
- Getting cash out from an ATM at the casino on multiple occasions
- Trying to borrow “scam” money or sell valuables to others for gambling
- Putting large win amounts back into the machine and keep playing
- Friend or relatives call or arrive to ask if the person is still in the casino
- Blaming the casino, the staff or gaming machines because they lost
- Having an unrealistic perception about the chance/odds of winning
- Suffering from depression and/or have thoughts of suicide due to gambling
- Displaying anger, kicking machines, looking sad and/or crying
- Trying obsessively to win on a particular machine
- Spending too much time and/or money gambling
Pre- Commitment Program Star Assist
The Star Entertainment Group offers a pre-commitment program called Star Assist. This program offers Members of The Star Club the option to set a limit on usage time and/or gaming spend. To find out more refer to the Star Assist Brochure located throughout our three properties. on-property or via the link below. Please visit The Star Club Desk for assistance from our on-property team if you have any questions.
Responsible Gambling Customer Liaison
All our casinos have trained customer liaison representatives who can provide information or referrals to assist our guests who may be experiencing gambling related problems.
To find out more about responsible gambling, self-exclusion or where to get help; contact the Responsible Gambling Department or the Gaming Manager on duty at:
The Star (02) 9777 9000
Jupiters Gold Coast (07) 5592 8100
Treasury Brisbane (07) 3306 8888
Self-Exclusion (Self ban)
Our casinos provide the option for a person to self-exclude (ban) themselves from our gambling facilities. Our staff provide sensitive and confidential support to customers who wish to self-exclude. There is no need to make an appointment, simply approach a security officer or a gaming manager and ask to be self-excluded. You will need to bring your photo identification with you.
If a person does not wish to come to the casino to self-exclude/ban themselves they have the option of having the exclusion processed at a nominated Gambling Help Service centre. See the Making and Informed Decision brochure for more information on self exclusion.
The Star - Self Exclusion Brochure:
THINK ABOUT YOUR CHOICES
Getting help services:
The Casinos promote a responsible approach to gambling and offer gambling for your enjoyment. Only you can decide how much time and money you want to spend on gambling at the casino. If you think you may have a problem controlling your gambling behaviour.
Call Gambling Help
1800 858 858
Gambling Help Services are independently run and offer free, confidential support for individuals who are adversely affected by either their own or somebody else’s gambling behaviour.